APEX IR column only exportable for administrators

Von Tobias Arnhold 1.13.2017
A few days ago I tweeted about a solution from Martin Giffy D'Souza to hide a specific column from export.


In my case I needed some username columns to be displayed during run-time but only exportable for administrators. The export itself was made with the default APEX CSV export.


Martin solutions was a really good starting point. I just had to add some security checks for the administrator role. And all together was put into a new authorization scheme which I added inside the conditional columns of my Interactive Report.

-- Authorization Scheme Name: ROLE_EXPORT_USERNAME
-- Validate authorization scheme: Once per page view

-- Code:
if pkg_security.has_user_role(:APP_USER,'ADMIN') = true or :REQUEST != 'CSV' then
  return true;
else
  return false;
end if;



Post Tags: