Page Designer bug in combination with APEX plugin settings

Von Tobias Arnhold 10.28.2015
Yesterday evening I struggled with a strange issue inside the Page Designer.

One APEX application created on each page of the Page Designer the following javascript parsing error:

Error: parsererror - SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

It only happened in 1 of several applications I currently check after an APEX 5.0.2 migration.

What I did to find the issue (Thanks to Denes for some really good tips):
 - Copied the application into a new ID --> error could be reproduced
 - I dropped every page in the application --> error still occurred
 - My application had only one new empty page (page 1) and I switched to Universal Theme --> error still occurred
 - I checked several "Supporting Objects" and found the issue in one plugin
   - After deleting the plugin the parsing error disappeared
   - Unfortunately this plugin was referenced in 8 pages so I looked deeper into it
 - The issue was a wrongly referenced "Label appearance"



 - After I changed the setting to "- Not Depending -" the Page Designer run as expected

Post Tags: